PhD in Education
The PhD program of study combines formal coursework and informal experiences. The program is designed to immerse the student in educational content, inquiry and methodology, encouraging the ability to ask critical questions and design procedures to conduct research.
The program requires the successful completion of 74 credits, distributed among the following areas:
- Breadth and depth in education and educational research (12 credits)
- Research core (20 credits)
- Content concentration (27 credits)
- Mentored research experiences (6 credits)
- Dissertation research (9 credits minimum)
Research preparation is the foundation of the PhD program. Students begin research activities during the first year of the program and continue to develop their skills by conducting various research projects with School of Education faculty. Activities in this vein include presenting research findings at conferences, writing research papers and dissertation work.
For course descriptions, please see the Drexel University Course Catalog.