Certificate in Instructional Design
The Certificate in Instructional Design prepares students to apply the principles, theories, models, tools, and techniques of systematic instructional design in diverse organizational settings. The program addresses the needs of the millennial learner and collaborative, networked communities. Students are encouraged to integrate their professional experiences and engage co-learners from other environments in their explorations.
Ideal candidates for this program come from varied professional backgrounds and are seeking careers that utilize the systematic design and development of effective instruction either in physical facilities, online, or blended environments. This includes individuals preparing to be professional instructional designers, teachers, and other learning design professionals for PK-20 education, adult education, and workplace training.
Students who successfully complete the Certificate in Instructional Design will be able to:
- create effective learning artifacts using a variety of media and methods including social media via mobile devices.
- design an effective instructional development plan that meets the needs of various stakeholders.
- design and integrate virtual community processes into learning environments.
- design effective learning experiences for online and blended students using tools and methods specific to these environments.
- collaborate with and lead a team of talented contributors to create an instructional product resulting in an effective and efficient outcome.
- apply knowledge from the quickly evolving field of learning science to the design process.
- create effective technology-enhanced instruction that includes analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation.
- recognize and adapt learning environments, tools, methods, and strategies to engage and optimize learning for disabled populations.
- negotiate an effective instructional design and development initiative that meets the needs of a real client.
- plan, develop, evaluate, and manage the rapid design/development of effective instructional materials.
The total requirement for the Instructional Design Certificate is 27 graduate credits. Should a student decide to continue his/her education, course credits can be applied toward the MS in Learning Technologies.
|| Introduction to Instructional Design
||Learning With Social Media & Mobiles
||Multimedia Apps for Learning
||Learning Services & Instructional Design
||Designing Virtual Communities
||Learning Technologies & Disabilities