Graduate Certificate in K- 12 Virtual School Leadership
Drexel University School of Education
The graduate certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership prepares educators and leaders interested in online teaching, learning, and assessment with the requisite knowledge, skills, and dispositions for effective online and/or hybrid leadership. As the demand for virtual K-12 programs and courses increases, there is a corresponding need to develop leaders in these important areas.
What Can a Graduate Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership Do For You?
The K-12 Virtual School Leadership Certificate is designed to address the unique leadership, instructional, and evaluative skills required to effectively lead a K-12 virtual school, as well as support virtual teaching and learning in all school contexts. Courses in this program focus specifically on developing leadership practices using technology and emerging methods for quality teaching and online learning.
How Long Does It Take to Earn a Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership?
- Instructional Delivery: Online
- Calendar Type: Quarter
- Expected Time to Completion: 1 year
- Number of Credits of Completion: 18
The Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership consists of 6 courses for a total of 18 credits. Students interested in obtaining the certificate must complete the following courses:
- EDAM 750: Leadership in K-12 Virtual Schools I EDAM 752: Leadership in Virtual Schools II
- EDLT 534: Developing Educational Leaders Using Technology EDLT 535: Research and Evaluation of Emerging Technologies ELL 503: Teaching and Learning Issues in e-Learning
- ELL 504: Learning Technologies & Disabilities
What are the Requirements to Earn a Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership?
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
Who is Eligible to Earn a Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership?
- Certificate Level: Graduate
- Admissions Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
- Certificate Type: Post-Baccalaureate
- Financial Aid Eligibility: Not Aid Eligible
How Do I Apply to Earn a Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership?
The Graduate Certificate in K-12 Virtual School Leadership is taught 100% online. Students can get started by filling out the Drexel University Online application.