The Co-op Process
Getting Started with the Co-op Process
First Things First!
First, decide what kind of job you want; think about location, transportation, hours, salary and job responsibilities. It's tough to find something if you don't know what you are looking for! Once you decide what kind of co-op job you would like, there are three way to look for that job (through SCDConline):
- Search by job title
- Search by company or industry
- Search by region
- Use several different job search methods
- Spend 15-20 hours per week on your job search
- Know what you are looking for
- Follow up on leads; Be proactive!
- Have a positive attitude
- Prepare in advance for your interviews