The Co-op Process
6 Months before Co-op Begins
Contact the SCDC
Contact the Steinbright Career Development Center at (215) 895-2185 to schedule a pre-registration meeting. Bring along to the meeting a hard copy of your resume. Click here to access the pre-registration PowerPoint and Quiz!
Prepare and Update your Resume
Go to Drexel.SCDConline by logging into DrexelOne where you can prepare a new resume or update your existing resumes.
Consider and Independent Job Search
Use an independent job search to supplement the online services provided by the SCDC. Conduct an independent search by:
- Analyzing your goals and asking yourself "What kind of co-op job would I like to have?"
- Talk to your family and friends about job opportunities - network, network, network!
- Spend time researching the Internet for companies with positions within your major and preferred geographical locations. Also, utilize newspaper and library resources.
- Prepare a cover letter and have your co-op coordinator critique it. Also, have your family and friends look at your resume. Resume-writing is very subjective - the more eyes that look at it the better!
- Begin your independent job search: send cover letter and your resume. Follow-up after you've sent your resume to make sure that the employer received it!