Who to Contact
- International Co-op Team
Preparing for your International Co-op Experience
- Think about why you are interested in going abroad – work experience? Travel experience?
- Think about where you might like to go abroad.
- Consider taking a language course according to where you might like to go on co-op.
- Begin to gain work experience. Find an internship, part-time job, or get involved on campus.
- Join internationally-focused student organizations.
- Think about when an international co-op will fit in to your plan at Drexel.
- Join the International Co-op Facebook page to follow events and opportunities.
One Year before International Co-op
- Begin to research opportunities in identified country or countries via Steinbright resources.
- Attend an International Co-op Overview workshop to learn more about job opportunities and application process.
- Attend an International Job Search Resources workshop.
- Talk to friends who have been on international co-op – what advice do they have?
- Talk to faculty and/or other connections that you may have about international opportunities.
Six Months before International Co-op
- If you haven't already, attend an International Co-op Overview workshop to learn more about job opportunities and application process.
- Call 215-895-2185 to schedule a meeting with a member of the International Co-op Team to discuss your plans.
- Begin applying for job opportunities if you haven't done so already.
- Make sure that you have a passport which is valid for at least 3 months after your return to the United States.
- Depending upon the country you plan to work in, check out the political situation there as well as any health concerns specific to that country.
Three Months before International Co-op
- Finalize co-op placement and submit paperwork to a member of the International Co-op Team.
- Apply for a visa.
- Research and identify housing.
- Book plane ticket.
One Month before International Co-op
- Ensure that your International Co-op has been approved by Steinbright.
- Attend the International Co-op Orientation.
- Pack your bags and enjoy the adventure!
While on International Co-op
- Share your experiences and connect with others through the International Co-op Blog.
- Keep in touch with your co-op coordinator.
- Take some great photos to enter into the Steinbright Co-op Photo Contest!