Who to Contact
- SCDC Main Office
Developing a Creative Resume
Whether you are a co-op student, graduating senior, or alumni, you may want to consider developing a creative resume in addition to a more traditional style resume. Employers now spend only 6 seconds on average viewing a resume. By incorporating a few simple ideas, your creative resume can help you stand out in a fiercely competitive hiring climate.
- Use Resources and Samples, many from real students and successful job seekers.
- For review of your creative resume:
- Co-op students – contact your co-op coordinator
- Seniors and alumni – contact Steinbright career services counselors
- Ask faculty members and industry contacts for their advice and opinion
- It’s not for every situation. If you are in a very conservative field or applying to a company with a strong traditional culture, consider using these creative touches more sparingly.
- Build or expand your LinkedIn profile and include it on your resume, cover letters, and in your email signature.