Who to Contact
- Mr. Thomas Coyne
- Pre-Health Advisor
A Pre-Health Career Check Up.
Drexel's pre-health advising program is designed to help students with course selection, career information and the application process for all of the health professions. Students should meet with the prehealth coordinator as early as possible. The prehealth coordinator can advise students pursuing a variety of careers including medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, nursing and allied health.
If you are an enrolled Drexel student, please complete and submit the Pre-health Contact Form.
This form is not for prospective students.
Download the Pre-health Contact Form: and follow the instructions below.
Each health profession has specific course requirements but one year of the following is generally required:
- General Biology
- General (Inorganic) Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
The following site is a great resource for information on many careers in the health professions:
Click on the links below to learn more about each field:
- The healthcare environment is undergoing a transformation in the United States and premed students need to be prepared.
- A career in dentistry offers exciting opportunities for students with strong communication and entrepreneurial skills.
- The field of veterinary medicine has expanded beyond the traditional role of healing animals to include public health issues.
- Students with a strong interest in the sciences have many options for a career in health care.