Pursuing a Health Profession
Drexel's pre-health advising program is designed to help students with course selection, career information and the application process for all of the health professions. Students should meet with the pre-health coordinator as early as possible. The pre-health coordinator can advise students pursuing a variety of careers including medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, nursing and allied health.
If you are an enrolled Drexel student, please complete and submit the Pre-health Contact Form.
Please Note: This form is not for prospective students.
- FIRST: save it as (Last name_First Initial-Pre-health) to your desktop or documents
- Fill it out the form
- Save it again (now completed with your information)
- Send it as an attachment to Tom Coyne: email@example.com
- If you have trouble with this form, please email your information to Mr. Thomas Coyne.
- You can also print and fill out by hand a PDF version of the form. Please submit the form using the instructions above.
Each health profession has specific course requirements but one year of the following is generally required:
- General Biology
- General (Inorganic) Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
Click here for a great resource for information on many careers in the health professions.
Click on the links below to learn more about each field:
The healthcare environment is undergoing a transformation in the United States and premed students need to be prepared.
A career in dentistry offers exciting opportunities for students with strong communication and entrepreneurial skills.
A career in veterinary medicine offers opportunities in the treatment of animals and food safety for the general public