Alternate Funding Opportunities
The S.O.S. E. Grant was established by the Drexel Event Services Office in conjunction with the CAP Fund (Commissions for Activities and Programs.) The primary goal of the S.O.S. E. Grant is to support student organizations by providing monetary support for facilities fees for on campus events.
Note: This program is sponsored by the Office of Event Services and not through SAFAC.
The Drexel University Alumni Board of Governors has established a Grants Program to provide financial support to recognized student organizations.
The Board evaluates funding proposals and provides financial support for activities hosted by recognized student organizations that increase the interaction between students and alumni, enhance the student experience, promote tradition, support academic excellence, reconnect alumni to the university, create a greater awareness of the Alumni Association, and promote the Association as a relevant and integral part of the university community.
For more information and to download the application please visit http://www.drexel.edu/ia/alumrel/grants_scholarships.asp
Note: This program is sponsored by the Alumni Association and not through SAFAC.
CAP Funding (Commission for Activities & Programs)
The Commission for Activities & Programs supplies some funding towards student organization event expenses. The application can be downloaded on the OCA website:
The eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Funding must be requested for a specific expense (e.g. T-shirts.)
- Events must be advertised and open to the entire student population. These funds cannot be used for recruitment-type events.
- Funding for food or printing and mailing will only be eligible if using Drexel services.
- The CAP Fund does not allocate funds toward conferences, parties or banquets.
- The CAP Fund does not allocate funds toward gifts.
- Unrestricted cash allocations are not available.
- Fundraising events are not normally eligible, but will be looked at on a case by case basis.
- Due to liability issues, CAP cannot pay directly to a rental car company. Rental cars or vans have to be paid by requester and reimbursed by the CAP Fund. In all other circumstances CAP must pay invoices directly to the vendor. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the funds granted.
- Event must be of a scope open and beneficial to the entire University Community.
For more information please contact the Office of Retail Management at 215-895-6776.
Note: This program is sponsored by the Office of Retail Management and not through SAFAC.