Do's and Don'ts
Of Completing an Annual Allocation Application
- Reference the # of students participating in each event
- Always give the location of an event
- Show your math where necessary! How did you come up with the total in the Amount Field?
- Use the SAFAC funding guidelines and Chestnut St. Caterers student menu for determining food costs.
- Use the Event Services Facilities sheet to determine set-up/clean-up costs
- Meet with your liaison to review your application before submitting it online!
Your liaison can help you fix any potentially confusing/missing information.
- Use vague descriptions! Details are your friend.
- Combine multiple events into one event block.
- Leave the description fields blank.
- Leave the amount fields blank.
- Ask for t-shirts or promotional items just for your members.
- Ask for expenses for events that are NOT OPEN to the student body.
- Apply for events not directly related to the mission of your organization.
- Ask for flyer and poster printing expenses. Student organizations can print in the SORC for free and at steeply discounted prices.
Color prints = $0.08/copy at any size and posters = $5.00 for 24”x36” after one initial free print.
- Do not apply for conference expenses!
There is a separate conference fund!
Full SAFAC Web Site Email SAFAC
Student Activity Fee Allocation Committee
© Copyright 2012