Changes have been made to SAFAC guidelines regarding items that SAFAC monies can be used for, effective July 1, 2013. It is important that organizations reference the below list prior to making purchases.
SAFAC does not fund the following for FY’14:
- Any contractual agreements not executed by the Office of Campus Activities
- Off-campus event food
- Non-mission specific events
- International travel
- Websites or domains
- Closed events (not open to the student body)
- Potluck or Bake Sale events
- Promotional items for members
- End-of-year/Term Banquets
- More than one (1) meal per event
- Conferences (see “Conference Funding” section below)
If your organization would like to request an exemption, e-mail SAFAC at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request. SAFAC will review requests on a case-by-case basis. Purchases made without approval will not be reimbursed.
Requirements to Spend SAFAC Allocations
Student organizations must be fully recognized to spend SAFAC 17-account allocations.
Further, your treasurer must be identified on your group’s DragonLink roster page, and he/she must attend the SAFAC Treasurer Training Session as well as take the subsequent quiz on DragonLink. The quiz can be found on the DragonLink homepage at the top alerts section or once logged-in, by using this link: https://drexel.collegiatelink.net/form/start/3788. Failure to complete the complete the recognition process and treasurer training jeopardizes current funding and the potential to apply for future funding.
VIEW Your Budgets Online
Your organization finances are viewable in WebFinance (an internal University financial tracking system). This system can be accessed through our website by clicking the top menu “Org Budgets Online”. Your username is “so” for student organization followed by your 17-account number (i.e. so170000). Your password, if unknown, will need to be reset by clicking the link on the main page of CollegiateLink if your former treasurer or officers did not pass it along to you. It typically takes 2-3 business days to get your new temporary password. All password inquiries can be sent to Andrea Shaw, Coordinator of Campus Activities.
Treasurer Training is now an in person training session which is part of the Student Organization Recognition Process. If you have missed the scheduled sessions or are a new Treasurer please email email@example.com to schedule a time to review this information.
|You can access Information and Resources from your cell phone on our SAFAC Mobile Website!|
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions
- What is SAFAC?
- What is an Annual Allocation?
- How do I apply for an Annual Allocation?
- Who is eligible to apply for funding?
- How much money will my group get if I apply?
- What is the funding cycle of SAFAC?
- What happens if my student organization goes into debt?
- What other funding sources exist for my organization besides SAFAC?