Proposal Submission Deadlines
The Office of Research strives to maximize the quality of proposals and consistently achieve on-time submission. Both sponsors and the Office of Research have published deadlines and instructional guidance to make the process go smoothly.
To confirm that proposals contain accurate institutional information and comply with both sponsor and University policies and procedures, and that budgets align with the technical statement of work, the Office of Research performs an administrative review.
The Office of Research reviews the completed COEUS record. This includes:
- Review all components of the completed proposal/application:
- Sponsor solicitation/application instructions;
- Conflict of Interest forms;
- Budget justification; and
- Subaward documents, when applicable.
- Compile and communicate all necessary revisions and recommended corrections until all components comply with sponsor guidelines.
- Make unlimited attempts to submit proposal to the sponsor until successful submission is confirmed.
To ensure that the Office of Research can complete this review, submit your Completed Applications and Completed Coeus Records to the Office of Research no later than three (3) business days before the sponsor due date.
Proposals submitted to the Office of Research less than three (3) business days prior to the sponsor due date may not receive the full benefit of an administrative review, which may lead to rejection from the sponsor electronic submission system.
No proposal will be submitted to a sponsor without components (Completed Applications/Proposal and Complete Coeus Record). Proposals submitted to OR after the deadline will not be reviewed but an attempt(s) will be made to submit to sponsors.
Go to Document and Forms to review the Proposal Submission Deadline Procedure.