Cost Sharing Available from the Office of Research
The Office of Research Administration (ORA) offers two opportunities to receive cost sharing funds under qualifying proposals when formally requested in the Coeus Proposal Transmittal.
For financial auditing reasons, ORA cost sharing will be considered voluntary and uncommitted, and will not be proposed to the sponsor in the budget or identified in the narrative proposal, unless cost sharing is identified in the RFP as ‘mandatory’ cost sharing. This policy is consistent with NSF’s cost sharing guidance in their Grant Proposal Guide, NSF 11-1 January 2011, section II.C.2.g(xi).
Tuition Cost Sharing
When requested at proposal stage, ORA will support the tuition needs of one (1) full-time doctoral candidate or post masters student who is enrolled in a Drexel doctoral program and will be working on the project, providing the proposed and awarded budget meets the following criteria:
- Includes a full stipend for the student who will receive the tuition cost share benefit,
- Budgets minimum expenditures of $75,000 in annual modified total direct costs(MTDC), and
- Recovers full on-campus, indirect costs from the sponsor.
Equipment Cost Sharing
When requested at proposal stage, ORA will provide cost sharing for capital equipment purchases in partnership with the department and college at the percentages noted below when a proposal budget meets the following criteria:
- Budgets minimum expenditures of $75,000 in annual modified total direct costs (MTDC),
- Recovers full on-campus, indirect costs from the sponsor, and
- The department secures the requisite approvals in the Coeus Proposal Transmittal committing to the following split:
Department agrees to pay 1/3 of equipment cost
College agrees to pay 1/3 of equipment cost
ORA agrees to pay 1/3 of equipment cost