Intermediate Technique & Movement Course: Two-week course - 1.5 hour class/ One day a week/ 2 weeks - Maximum of 6
Learn to move beyond your limits with this intermediate rock climbing course. Defy gravity focusing on body positioning, conserving strength, and visualizing your sequence to the top.
Prerequisite: Belay certification. Equipment is provided.
What you will learn:
- How to safely spot a climber when bouldering. It's a team sport.
- Weight shift and resting techniques to conserve strength.
- Proper footwork including foot matching, smearing and more.
- Types of hand holds and how to position your body for maximum reach.
- Visualization of a climbing sequence.
- Strength training principles to improve power and endurance.
For up-to-date sessions, visit the Climbing Wall Calendar. Sessions are also posted outside of the Climbing Wall. Note: classes may
be cancelled due to holidays, weather, etc. All cancellations will be posted in advance.
Classes are non-refundable.
For more information, contact Climbing Wall and Experiential Learning Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-571-3778.