Health, Fitness, & Wellness Office
Drexel Recreation Center - Room 309a, 3rd Floor
email@example.com | 215.571.4555
Wellness Consultation - Sit down with a qualified professional and discuss your fitness and wellness goals. During this consultation, discuss ways to improve your total wellness and gain a better understanding of the services that benefit you.
- Fitness Routines - How to get the most out of your time at the gym
- Stress Management
- Time management / Work-life balance
- General lifestyle changes
Basic Fitness Assessment - Wondering where your fitness level stands? Sign-up for a free basic fitness assessment with a qualified personal trainer, assessments are available by appointment only.
To sign up for either of these services, contact Kathryn Formica - Coordinator of Student Fitness & Wellness - at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-571-4555.
Looking for new ways to manage stress and find healthy outlets? Come spend some time with Jersey, Drexel’s very own campus therapy dog! Jersey will be on campus Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays each week. He posts specific office hours on his Facebook page for friends to visit. If those times don’t work, don’t worry! Jersey accepts all friends visits as long as he is not on a puppy break.
When visiting Jersey please follow his office rules:
- Please do the following as you enter for the first couple of minutes:
- No talking to me
- No touching me
- No looking at me
As a therapy dog this rule helps me stay on my best behavior so I don’t expect attention from everyone who comes into my office.
- Please do not stand in the door way and point at me, wave your arms or any gestures of the like. I get jealous and sometimes bark which gets me in trouble.
- Please respect my puppy breaks. I would love to see everyone all the time but sometimes I just need a little nap. If there is a sign on the door that says I am on a break please come back later or check my Facebook page for my next office hour.
- If you can, please avoid knocking on the door. I tend to bark hello when that happens, especially if I was sleeping!
Any questions, or requests for specific appointments please contact my handler, Kathryn Formica, Coordinator of Student Fitness and Wellness email@example.com or 215-571-4555
Wellness on Wheels
Want programming delivered to your door? Here is your chance - schedule any of the programming below and it will be brought to you! Programs can be presented in dorm rooms, Fraternity/Sorority houses, class rooms, etc...
Various programming is offered in the areas of Fitness, Nutrition, & Wellness. For full details, check out Wellness on Wheels. To schedule a program, contact Kathryn Formica, Coordinator of Student Fitness & Wellness, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-571-4555.
Couch to 5K
Couch to 5K is a program that will help students train to run a 5K, no matter what your current exercise habits are. This workshop will meet every Wednesday at 6pm in the Recreation Center lobby leading up to the Philadelphia City 6 5K. The first workshop will be Wednesday, September 24, 2014. Each session a fitness professional will go over your week's workouts with you and discuss any potential barriers you might face. The second half of each session will consist of a group workout following the couch to 5K training plan for that day.
First session: Wednesday, September 24, 2014
Sessions will take place every Wednesday from September 24 until the Philadelphia City 6 5K on Saturday, November 8, 2014.
To register, contact Kathryn Formica, Coordinator of Student Fitness & Wellness at email@example.com or 215-571-4555.