Participation & Facts
How Do I Participate?
Participants including students, faculty and staff can sign up for a variety of intramural league sports, tournaments and special recreational events.
Fall Term: Flag Football, Indoor Soccer & Indoor Volleyball
Winter Term: Basketball, Dodgeball & Floor Hockey
Spring Term: Soccer, Softball, & Softball
To sign up for an intramural league sport, please visit our registration page. Individuals and/or teams will need to register by the league scheduling deadline, traditionally Tuesday of Week 2 each term. No changes to the roster (which includes an assumption of risk, waiver and release statement) will be permitted after the start of the second league game. Any team that submits a roster after the scheduling deadline will be placed on a waiting list. Click here for instructions on how to sign up.
Individuals without a team may be placed on a team by signing up as a Free Agent. Free agents will be placed on teams that request additional players through the Recreational Athletics. Note: Placement on a team is not guaranteed.
- 8,334 students participate in intramural sports each year!
- Drexel is a member of the Philadelphia City 6, which enables our team champions to compete “extramurally” against their peers from
Villanova, St. Joe’s, LaSalle, Temple, and Penn.
- Sportsmanship is emphasized at all times and teams are rated for sportsmanship after every contest. A minimum rating must be maintained to continue play.
- A female and male Player of the Week are named for intramural sports, as well as Team of the Week.
- A female and male MVP are named each term, in addition to a Most Valuable Employee and male and female Sportsmanship Awards.
- Intramural prizes and awards are provided to not only recognize winners but those participants that exude the five core values of Recreational Athletics.
Tournament & Special Events
All intramural tournaments and special events require participants to sign-up on-site at the start time of the tournament. A valid Drexel ID and a release form are required to be completed on-site in
order to participate. If necessary, rosters will be completed for a specific tournament or event.
If you are interested in setting up an intramural event for your student group or organization, or for specific details regarding an intramural tournament or event, contact the Coordinator of
Intramural Sports at email@example.com or 215-895-2676.