Complete an online Drexel Recreation Center Student Employment Application.
Lifeguard, Group Exercise Instructor, and Personal Trainer positions all require certification. Students should bring proof of certification for these positions to the job interview.
For available full-time and part-time professional employment opportunities, visit the Drexel Human Resources website.
Student employment is an important part of the overall mission of "learn by doing" at Drexel University. Recreational Athletics invites Drexel students to take part in a
hands-on employee program based on goal setting and learning outcomes. As employees, students gain valuable work and leadership experience that they can apply to academic settings
and future work environments. The program is designed to help students build valuable, transferable career skills like time management, communication, teamwork, problem solving,
self-management, critical thinking, and mentoring.
Recreation Center Job Opportunities
Group Exercise Instructor
- Job Description: Instruct group exercise classes to members.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Lead structured exercise classes and create a fun and safe environment.
- Job Description: Develop personalized exercise programs for members and assist them during their workouts.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Develop safe and effective exercise programs for individuals of various fitness levels; conduct fitness assessments and floor orientations; provide safe
and effective instruction of all cardiovascular and weight training equipment; and enforce all facility and program policies.
Climbing Wall Instructor
- Job Description: Responsible to maintain quality of instructional classes, mentor employees, route setting, and provide leadership.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Serve as lead Instructor for belay classes, climbing parties, and teambuilding events. Oversee all aspects of the climbing wall, including but not limited to,
assembling equipment, disassembling equipment, inspecting safety equipment and administering belay test. Manage daily operation, member safety, and instructional classes.
- Job Description: Expert swimmers trained in rescue and first aid who are responsible for the safety of swimmers.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Ensure the safety of the patrons in the aquatics facility by preventing and responding to emergencies and enforcing rules. Serve as the Daskalakis Athletic
Center Pool during open recreation swim, club sports team practices, and other special events
Welcome Center Assistant
- Job Description: Engage and Develop Relationships with students and members.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Greet visitors and members, provide excellent member service, give great tours, sell memberships, and reconcile cash, checks and credit cards.
Recreation Athletics Job Opportunities
Structured Sport Supervisor
- Job Description: Supervise structured sports activities in the Recreational Athletics Department.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible for the on-site supervisor of events for Intramural Sport and Club Sports. All Structured Sport Supervisors must be certified in CPR and AED use.
- Job Description: Referee league sports and some special events for the Intramural program.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Students must attend an official's clinic for the respective sport to learn rules and mechanics of serving an official. Previous officiating
experience is preferred, but not required.
Intramural Game Staff
- Job Description: Manages the on-site registration for all Intramural leagues, tournaments, and special events.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Each game staff is also responsible for the scorekeeping and stat keeping throughout league play.
- Job Description: Provide office support to Recreational Athletics as needed.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Assist with database entry, filing, updating staff schedules, contact lists, etc. All applicants should be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Graphic Design / Marketing Assistant
- Job Description: Provide graphics and marketing assistance to Recreational Athletics.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Assist in creating flyers and other marketing tools for the different recreation programs: Aquatics, Intramural & Club Sports, Health Fitness & Wellness,
the Climbing Wall and Student Staff Opportunities.
Film & Video Assistant
- Job Description: Provide film and video assistance to Recreational Athletics.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Assist in creating videos for the different recreational programs that can be used as marketing tools and for the End of the Year Recreation Recognition Night.
- Job Description: Provide photography assistance to Recreational Athletics.
- Duties & Responsibilities: Assist in taking photographs of the various recreation programs, events, and activities throughout the course of the term.
Additional positions include
- Armory Supervisor
- Facility Manager
- Fitness Floor Assistant
- Group Exercise Door Monitor
- Multipurpose Court Assistant
- Squash Court Assistant