Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Program
The Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Program will prepare you with experience in all aspects of diagnostic and interventional cardiovascular procedures. It is a two-year bachelor-completion program designed for radiology students wishing to advance their careers and skills within the field of cardiovascular imaging.
Faculty and staff provide educational opportunities for you to develop knowledge, skills, and attitudes conductive to the challenges within the advanced fields of radiology and this specialized modality of Imaging.
The mission of the program focuses on your success.
Today's Invasive Cardiovascular Technology Program graduates at Drexel are tomorrow's leaders in this emerging healthcare field.
The overall mission is to provide quality training for careers as advanced radiology healthcare professionals. In addition, the program provides appropriate educational experiences that encompass academic standards that reflect cognitive, physical, and behavioral abilities necessary to prepare graduates for career success.
A stimulating college environment to inspire you.
You will have many opportunities for working in small groups with other healthcare professionals. These group communications and activities give you chances to share experiences and learn from experiences of others.
Within the stimulating college environment, the you will be afforded the opportunity to achieve educational and personal growth goals while developing the technical skills necessary for success as cardiovascular professional.
Extensive training affords you one-of-a-kind education to:
- Function as competent entry-level invasive cardiovascular technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psycho-motor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains of invasive cardiology,
- Demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures,
- Develop an understanding of the biological effects of radiation on humans and utilize the appropriate radiation protection equipment, measures, and recording instruments for specific invasive cardiovascular and vascular procedures,
- Develop skills and/or proper handling and processing of digital recording materials,
- Gain knowledge of the composition and appropriate utilization of radiographic contrast media and cardiology medicines, and
- Retain basic knowledge of the pathological process and the common pathology demonstrated by cardiovascular procedures and imaging.