The Drexel University Public Safety Communications Center (DUPSCC), staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, serves as a link between the community and the Department of Public Safety relating to matters of public safety and emergency assistance.
Dispatchers are certified and trained by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials (APCO) and responsible for:
- Answering calls for police, fire and emergency medical services (EMS)
- Monitoring emergency telephone systems
- Dispatching and coordinating police, fire, EMS and security officer units in emergency and non-emergency situations
- Coordinating walking and medical escort services
- Monitoring fire and intrusion alarms
- Virtual video patrol using CCTV
||In November 2011, the Drexel University Public Safety Communications Center (DUPSCC) received international accreditation through the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA) making us the first stand-alone college / university communications center in the world to receive this prestigious recognition. DUPSCC received advanced reaccreditation in 2015.