For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Building Access Control

Most Drexel University buildings are equipped with electronic access control devices (proximity card readers) that serve as keys allowing individuals to enter certain University buildings. Access control privileges are determined and assigned by University administrators based on specific needs and requirements of the University and the cardholder. It is a violation of University policy to attempt to use your DragonCard identification card to enter any area for which access has not been authorized.

All University residence halls require students to use their DragonCard to enter their assigned building. Guests are required to show ID and follow all Drexel policies and procedures. Residents are responsible for the actions and behavior of their guests at all times.

For a complete listing of residence hall policies, please refer to the Student Handbook.


All current students, faculty and professional staff are issued an identification card (DragonCard) for the purpose of entering campus buildings, attending university events and providing access to many Drexel services.

ALL students, faculty and professional staff are required to produce their DragonCard upon request from a Public Safety or other University official when on or in any University-owned property.

Individuals are not permitted to use someone else's DragonCard or lend their card to anyone or to tamper with it in any way. It is the responsibility of the card holder to immediately report a lost or stolen card or one that fails to operate correctly to the Department of Public Safety at 215.895.2822.

For more information, visit the DragonCard Office website.