We will begin accepting applications for fall 2016 on September 7th. The application deadline is December 1st, 2015.
Required Materials Checklist
- Online Application, which includes:
- 9000-character (approximately 1,500 words) personal statement that discusses (and integrates) your research experiences and interests, and how these fit into the Drexel program and into a specific faculty's (or research group's) work in particular.
- Curriculum vitae/resume
- GPA and GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation – You must provide contact information for all through of your evaluators through the Application Form. Your evaluators will then be notified of your application to our program and given instructions on how to submit your letter of recommendation electronically. You will be limited to three evaluators.
- Official Transcript - Official transcripts must be sent directly to Drexel from all the colleges/universities that you have attended. Transcripts must be submitted electronically or in a sealed envelope with the college/university seal over the flap.
- GRE - Official copies of GRE scores must be sent to Drexel (code 2194); Psychology subject test recommended. For all questions about GREs and GRE score reports, please contact the Graduate Admissions Office at email@example.com or 215.895.2400.
For international students or applicants who earned a degree outside of the U.S.
- Minimum TOEFL 100/600/250 – scores will be reviewed based on section scores and total scores (IELTS scores may be submitted in lieu of TOEFL scores)
- I-20 Application and supporting financial documents
Interview (if selected) – In February, the Ph.D. programs in psychology conduct two days of in-person interviews, by invitation only.
To view a list of the Frequently Asked Questions related to the application process, please see the FAQ below.
For questions related specifically to the psychology department, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions related to the graduate studies department admissions process, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
What if my GRE results will not arrive until after the application deadline?
We review applications in the months of December and January, and late GRE scores may or may not be considered. Once official scores have been submitted to Graduate Admissions, notify us by emailing your new scores to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I completed a master’s program in psychology. Will my credits transfer?
Once admitted, we consider each course request individually by forwarding the syllabus to the relevant instructors, who determine whether the courses you have taken cover equivalent material with a comparable level of rigor. Most students with a master’s degree take 4-5 years to complete our PhD program.