For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Credit/No Credit Option - Undergraduates Only

Policy Statement

The purpose of the Credit/No Credit grading option is to offer undergraduate students a broadened educational experience with additional flexibility in their elective choices; in particular, to encourage enrollment in elective courses not in the student's area of expertise.

  • Students can elect to choose the Credit/No Credit grading option only for those courses identified by their Academic Advisor in each department for their specific major.
  • A total of six courses may be scheduled with this option during the undergraduate program at the rate of one course per term.
  • Students on academic probation are not eligible for this option.
  • Instructors will see either a CR or NCR as valid grades to assign during grade submission for students who have elected this option.

The instructor will report a grade as either CR or NCR. If the earned grade is "C" or better the instructor should report a grade of "CR" (credit) for the course and the credits will count toward graduation requirements. If the earned grade is "C-", "D" or "F" the instructor should report a grade of "NCR" (no credit) for the course, and the credits will not count toward graduation requirements. A grade of "CR" or "NCR" will be included on the student's academic record and transcript with a special notation indicating that the course was taken under this option. Because no letter grade is recorded, courses taken under this option are not included in calculating the student's cumulative GPA.

Requesting the Credit/No Credit Option

Undergraduate students have until the end of the second week of the term to select or delete the credit/no credit option for a course for which they are registered. All students should add the Credit/No Credit option to the respective course they choose in their college via the Credit/No Credit Application Form. This form is available in DrexelConnect.