The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness is committed to student outcomes assessment. results of assessment are used to improve teaching and learning, provide validation to internal and external constituencies, support the University mission, and help to plan resource allocation.
- create a sustainable university climate for assessing student learning outcomes.
- support and encourage flexible approaches to assessment that are useful, cost effective, accurate and truthful, planned and organized, and finally sustained.
- provide training for the process to all faculty
- use assessment results to improve teaching and learning.
The Office of Institutional Research, Assessment and Effectiveness in concert with the Office of the Provost of Drexel University will:
- provide the human, financial and physical resources needed to implement and sustain the outcomes assessment process.
- embed assessment of student learning outcomes into the curriculum development process.
- provide on-going professional development opportunities for faculty and administrators in the area of student outcomes assessment.