Why get a Near Peer?
Near Peers serve as an important resource for incoming freshmen. Near Peers:
- Assist you if you are having trouble communicating and having a hard time to bring those issues to your advisor’s attention due to language barrier.
- Guide you to understand what it takes to be successful at Drexel and work with you to discipline your approach to learning.
- Support international students from countries where the primary mode of instruction is not English.
- Can introduce you to new friends, show you how to get around the city as well as places to shop and eat, and introduce you on how to get involved around campus.
- Provide a boost and encouragement to you if you may be a bit shy or uncomfortable in a new environment.
- Help you with any sort of question you have and will direct you to the required offices or people.
How to get a Near Peer?
New Drexel undergraduates interested in being paired with a Near Peer can send an email with their name and major to firstname.lastname@example.org.