The goals and objectives of Dragon Summer serve to establish an “Excellence Agenda” at the program’s core. This excellence agenda serves to (1) empower students in finding voice in a diverse community of learners as they transition to study at Drexel and (2) promote student success and development aligned with the Drexel student learning priorities through to students’ post-graduation experiences.
To acculturate students to an agenda of diversity, community, and excellence in preparing them for engagement within and beyond their discipline.
- Create opportunities for students to find their voice and learn from others.
- Help students build social and cultural capital required to navigate college.
- Build student confidence and frustration tolerance needed to stretch and grow.
- Encourage students to establish normative behaviors of excellence.
- Promote depth of understanding and quality of involvement.
- Establish the discipline to participate in learning within and beyond the curriculum.
- Coach students to ask good questions.