Standard Procurement Card (P-Card) limits are $4,999.00 Single Transaction Limit, $10,000.00 Monthly Transaction Limit and 12 Transactions per Day. It is the responsibility of the Budget Owner to recommend the appropriate P-Card transaction limits. Permanent increases or decreases of transaction limits may be requested using the Procurement Card Change Form [PDF]. Temporary limit increases may be directed to email@example.com.
Cardholders, Approvers and Budget Owners are responsible for keeping track of the P-Card account balance as well as their University available funds when making purchases. Visit drexel.edu/webfinancials to verify available balances.
P-Cards should not be used for:
- Any product that is available through the Smart Source Marketplace.
- Gift Cards
- Personal charges of any kind
- Hotel incidentals
- Gasoline for personal vehicles
- Cash advances or cash withdrawals
- Faculty clubs
- Cell phones
- Any purchase that requires a separately signed contract or agreement unless specifically authorized by Procurement Services.
- Sponsorships and Donations: See Drexel's Policy Regarding Sponsorship of External Non-Profit Organizations.
- Any purchase that has to be installed, hard-wired, plumbed or assembled.
- Purchases with a potential risk or exposure to liability for the University such as items that present special health, safety, occupational or environmental risks (e.g., radioactive material, animals, controlled substance, ammunition, etc.)
Drexel University is tax exempt and should not pay sales tax in PA, DC, FL, MD, NJ, NY, RI and VA. The tax-exempt number and certificates may not be used for personal purchase at any time, even if the purchase may be reimbursable by the University. To obtain a Tax Exempt Form please contact the P-Card Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.