Standard Procurement Card (P-Card) limits are $4,999.00 Single Transaction Limit, $10,000.00 Monthly Transaction Limit and 12 Transactions per Day. It is the responsibility of the Budget Owner to recommend the appropriate P-Card transaction limits. Permanent increases or decreases of transaction limits may be requested using the Procurement Card Change Form [PDF]. Temporary limit increases may be directed to email@example.com.
Cardholders, Approvers and Budget Owners are responsible for keeping track of the P-Card account balance as well as their University available funds when making purchases. Visit drexel.edu/webfinancials to verify available balances.
P-Cards should not be used for:
- Any product that is available through the Smart Source Marketplace.
- Cash advances or cash withdrawals
- Catering orders for events with alcohol
- Cell phones
- Drexel Parking Permits
- Faculty clubs
- Gasoline for personal vehicles
- Gift Cards
- Hotel incidentals
- Personal charges of any kind
- Any purchase that requires a separately signed contract or agreement unless specifically authorized by Procurement Services.
- Any purchase that has to be installed, hard-wired, plumbed or assembled.
- Sponsorships and Donations: See Drexel's Policy Regarding Sponsorship of External Non-Profit Organizations.
- Purchases with a potential risk or exposure to liability for the University such as items that present special health, safety, occupational or environmental risks (e.g., radioactive material, animals, controlled substance, ammunition, etc.)
Drexel University is tax exempt and should not pay sales tax in PA, DC, FL, MD, NJ, NY, RI and VA. The tax-exempt number and certificates may not be used for personal purchase at any time, even if the purchase may be reimbursable by the University. Please visit the Office of Tax Compliance website for details. Tax exemption forms can be accessed in DrexelOne.