Year-End Purchasing Information
In preparation for the FY17 year-end close on June 30, 2017, Drexel Procurement Services and Accounts Payable have compiled key processing dates. Please read the following carefully in order to facilitate a smooth end to FY17 and transition to FY18:
FY17 Smart Source Purchases & Travel Reimbursements
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Confirm receipt in Smart Source of any goods or services rendered in FY17. Orders that are not received by Friday, June 30, 2017 will be charged to FY18.
Wednesday, July 5, 2017
- Invoices for goods and services rendered in FY17 must be received by the Digital Mailroom (DMR) at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, July 5, 2017, and the invoice must be dated no later than Friday, June 30, 2017.
- Employee travel expense forms related to travel conducted through June 30, 2017 must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday, July 5, 2017. Travel expenses submitted after Wednesday, July 5, 2017, regardless of date traveled, will be reflected in FY18.
Friday, July 7, 2017
- FY17 payments, processed on a Smart Source check request or an order confirmation, must be submitted through Smart Source by Friday, July 7, 2017. In addition, Friday, July 7, 2017 will be the last day to make a purchase order (PO) change order request. Remember: Smart Source check requests and order confirmations submitted Saturday, July 1 - Friday, July 7, 2017, must use the accounting date of Friday, June 30, 2017. For assistance on changing an order's accounting date, follow this PDF guideline. An order with an incorrect accounting date will require you to cancel and resubmit the order.
Approving FY17 Invoices: Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Invoices in Smart Source must be approved by 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017. Items approved after July 12, 2017, will post to FY18.
Note: Please reference the FY17 Year-End Purchasing Timelines frequently and allow enough time for all steps to be completed. For example, when submitting purchase orders in Smart Source, there are many factors that may affect the processing time, such as new supplier registration, a Request for Proposal requirement and/or departmental reviews. Orders that are not complete by Friday, June 30, 2017, will be charged to FY18.
FY18 Smart Source Purchases
Beginning Monday, May 15, 2017, you can create purchase orders in Smart Source for FY18. If you choose to enter purchase orders for FY18 before the Saturday, July 1, 2017, remember to do the following:
- Smart Source purchase orders for FY18 must have an accounting date of Saturday, July 1, 2017 or later. For assistance on how to change the accounting date on a purchase order, follow this PDF guideline.
- Create an external note to supplier: "This is an order for FY18. All goods/services must be shipped for receipt after Friday, June 30, 2017. We will refuse early deliveries." For assistance on how to add an external note follow this PDF guideline.
Procurement Card (P-Card) Purchases
FY17 good and services rendered must be received by Friday, June 30, 2017 AND the supplier must charge your P-Card no later than Friday, July 7, 2017. If goods and services are not rendered by Friday, June 30, 2017, or if the vendor does not charge your P-Card by Friday, July 7, 2017, the transaction(s) will be reflected in FY18.
Beginning the week of Monday, May 29, 2017, Financial Managers will receive a separate email from Procurement Services with further instructions regarding the process for open commitment/encumbrance verification.
If you have any questions, e-mail email@example.com or contact Procurement Services at 215.895.2876, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.