Year-End Purchasing Information
In preparation for the FY2018 year-end close on June 30, 2018, Drexel Procurement Services has compiled key processing dates. Please read the following carefully to facilitate a smooth end to FY18 and transition to FY19:
FY18 Smart Source Purchases & Travel Reimbursements
Purchase Order Processing
- Employees must input purchase orders for FY18 as soon as order details are confirmed. There are many factors that affect the purchase order processing time, such as new supplier registration, a Request for Proposal (RFP) requirement or departmental reviews. Orders that are not received by Friday, June 29, 2018, will be charged to FY19.
Friday, June 29, 2018
- Confirm receipt in Smart Source of any goods or services rendered in FY18. Orders that are not received by Friday, June 29, 2018, will be charged to FY19.
Friday, July 6, 2018
- Invoices for goods and services rendered in FY18 must be received by the Digital Mailroom (DMR) at email@example.com no later than Friday, July 6, 2018, and the invoice must be dated no later than June 30, 2018.
- Employee travel expense forms related to travel conducted through Saturday, June 30, 2018, must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, July 6, 2018. Travel expenses submitted after Friday, July 6, 2018, regardless of date traveled, will be reflected in FY19.
- FY18 payments, processed on a Smart Source check request or confirming order, must be submitted through Smart Source by Friday, July 6, 2018.
- Deadline to submit PO Change Order request.
Remember: Smart Source check requests and order confirmations submitted Sunday, July 1 – Friday, July 6, 2018, must use the accounting date of June 30, 2018. For assistance on changing an order's accounting date, follow this PDF guideline. An order with an incorrect accounting date will require you to cancel and resubmit the order.
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Invoices in Smart Source must be approved by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, July 11, 2018. Invoices approved after Wednesday, July 11, 2018, will post to FY19.
Please closely monitor your invoice approval queues to ensure timely handling of year-end invoices!
FY19 Smart Source Purchases
If you choose to create purchase orders for FY19 before Sunday, July 1, 2018, remember to do the following:
- Smart Source purchase orders for FY19 must have an accounting date of Sunday, July 1, 2018, or later. For assistance on how to change the accounting date on a purchase order, follow this PDF guideline.
- Create an external note to supplier: "This is an order for FY19. All goods/services must be shipped for receipt after Friday, June 29, 2018. We will refuse early deliveries." For assistance on how to add an external note, follow this PDF guideline.
Procurement Card (P-Card) Purchases
FY18 goods and services rendered must be received by Friday, June 29, 2018, AND the supplier must charge your P-Card no later than Friday, July 6, 2018. If goods and services are not rendered by Friday, June 29, 2018, or if the vendor does not charge your P-Card by Friday, July 6, 2018, the transaction(s) will be reflected in FY19.
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Procurement Services at 215.895.2876, Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Accounts Payable at 215.895.2480, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.