Transforming the Modern Urban University: Strategic Plan 2012-2017
The product of a year-long collaborative effort among Drexel stakeholders including faculty, administrators, students, alumni, funders and other friends, the University’s new Strategic Plan challenges the Drexel community to ramp up its educational, research, community service and economic impact activities. Along with the companion Campus Master Plan, the Strategic Plan will direct the energies of Drexel faculty and professional staff for the next five years.
The plan introduces an updated Drexel mission to prepare “each new generation of students for productive professional and civic lives while also focusing our collective expertise on solving society’s greatest problems” and outlines shared values for the University including quality, integrity, diversity, access, stewardship and innovation and entrepreneurship.
Six strategic initiatives are described to guide Drexel’s work:
- Invest in Academic Excellence
- Intensify and Improve the Student Experience
- Enhance Drexel’s Global Impact
- Create an Innovation Nexus for Research, Technology Transfer, and Economic Development
- Develop the Nation’s Most Dynamic Transportation Hub-Based University District
- Continue to Grow Drexel’s Enrollment
Finally, the plan offers four transformational themes to be addressed in all our activities:
- Transform “One University”
- Transform Co-operative Education
- Transform Online and Hybrid Education
- Transform the Innovation Neighborhood
- Read more at the Strategic Plan website.
Strategic Plan >