Drexel SPS Wins Prestigious National Award
July 15, 2011 — The Drexel chapter of the Society of Physics Students (SPS) has been selected as a 2011 Blake Lilly Prize winner. The Blake Lilly Prize recognizes SPS chapters and individuals who make a genuine effort to positively influence the attitudes of school children and the general public about physics. The submission of the chapter's outreach program was very impressive to the Blake Lilly Prize Committee. The chapter will receive the three-volume set of the Feynman Lectures on Physics and a certificate.
In addition to The Blake Lily Prize, the chapter has been nationally recognized with the following awards:
- Outstanding Chapter Award (2009, 2010)
- Marsh M. White Award (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Outstanding Leadership Scholarship (2011 - Sajjan Mehta)
- Leadership Scholarship (2009 – Jerome Mlack)
- Sigma Pi Sigma Undergraduate Research Award (2008, 2010)