Hand Therapy - Advanced Certificate
Hand Therapy Certificate Program: Mission Statement
The mission of the Certificate Program in Advanced Practice in Hand and Upper Quarter Rehabilitation is to enable therapists to gain advanced practice education through a supported distance learning environment that recognizes the diversity of professional experiences. We strive to promote academic excellence, evidence-based practice, expertise, and lifelong learning.
This program is designed for occupational or physical therapists who wish to participate in advanced study of the hand and upper quarter. Drexel's program offers:
- Superior pass rate on the certified hand therapist exam.
- Four graduate courses convenient for part-time study.
- Online coursework integrated with weekend laboratory sessions.
- Cadaver anatomy, splinting skills, and examination techniques.
- A curriculum infused with the latest technology for online interaction.
- Coursework that may be applied to other degree programs (post-professional doctor of physical therapy, master's degree in health sciences).
- Certificate that can be reasonably completed in one year.
- A two-year option available to ease financial resources and time constraints.
Earn a certificate in Advanced practice in hand therapy.
Information Document with specifics about fees, contacts, etc. (PDF)
Many graduates have indicated the coursework has helped them prepare for the certification exam in hand therapy offered by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC). Since the program's inception in 2001, Drexel graduates' first-time pass rate exceeds 90 percent, while the national pass rate range has been 51—57 percent over the same period.