Week of Undergraduate Excellence
The Week of Undergraduate Excellence will run the week of May 14, 2018 with multiple events occurring each day to celebrate undergraduate excellence at Drexel. The week will include poster sessions, oral presentations, performances, and exhibits to showcase the many ways in which Drexel undergraduate students demonstrate their experiences, accomplishments, talents, and skills. The week will also include numerous workshops and professional development events to highlight resources and opportunities available to Drexel students here on campus. It is our hope that undergraduate students, faculty, the greater Drexel community, local residents, and visitors alike will each find events throughout the week that interest and inspire them to explore further.
Call for Abstracts
The Week of Undergraduate Excellence seeks to highlight and celebrate undergraduate excellence and accomplishments in research, scholarship, and creative work from across the University. All undergraduate students are invited and encouraged to present academic/creative work throughout the week-long event.
Abstract submission opens: Monday, January 8, 2018
Abstract Deadline Extended: Friday, April 2, 2018 * 5 p.m.
Students will have opportunities to present their work in various formats including panel and poster presentation. Information regarding exhibits or installations should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Research (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Panel presentations will be 15 minutes in length (including time for questions) and grouped into sessions based on topic or discipline. A computer and data projector will be standard presentation options.
- Poster Presentations will be divided into two two-hour-long sessions, one focusing on STEM-related work and the other on non-STEM work. Posters should not exceed 30”x40. Push pins will be provided.
The size and scope of the Week of Undergraduate Excellence precludes any type of peer review of abstracts, and virtually all student submissions are likely to be accepted for presentation. Consequently, each student presentation must be sponsored by a faculty mentor, and the organizing committee will rely on faculty mentors to work with their student(s) to ensure that abstracts are correct, complete, and the result of eligible work. If students wish to present scholarly work that has been conducted during an off-campus experience and his/her mentor is from a different institution, the student should identify a Drexel faculty member to co-sponsor and support the presentation.
- Deadline for receiving abstracts is Friday, April 2, 2018 (5:00 pm EST). Submissions will open Monday, January 8, 2018.
- Each abstract should provide a general 200-word summary of the research, including a thesis and 1-2 resources. The abstract should reflect the professional format associated with scholarly work in that specific discipline.
- Abstracts should be submitted via the online submission form. The form will allow students to indicate if the abstract should be considered for a poster presentation, a panel presentation, or both/either. If the student selects “both/either,” the review committee will determine format.
The submission form will require that students submit an abstract and a letter of support from his/her mentor.
Students will be contacted regarding their submission by the Office of Undergraduate Research no later than Monday, April 30, 2018.
Program and Schedule
The final schedule will be available online at the Week of Undergraduate Excellence website prior to the event. Questions about the Week of Undergraduate Excellence should be directed to Office of Undergraduate Research (email@example.com).
Submit your abstract