Design Your Drexel
Saturday, September 22, 2018
Sponsored by the Pennoni Honors College
ExCITe Center, 3401 Market St
10 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Food will be provided
Many of us have heard that college represents the best years of our lives. But the fast pace and nature of life at Drexel can present some challenges:
- How do you pursue all of your interests and fulfill major requirements?
- How do you discover all of the exciting opportunities Drexel has to offer?
- And once you’ve discovered them, how do you possibly choose among them?
- Most importantly, how do you leave Drexel feeling satisfied with the experience?
Design Your Drexel is a 1-day workshop that helps students navigate these issues by providing the tools and opportunity to make deliberate, informed choices about how to integrate pieces of their Drexel education – curriculum, co-op, extracurricular activities – into a roadmap for making the most of their time at Drexel. Participants will engage in group activities, workshops, facilitated discussions and guided reflection.
Topics covered include some of the most frequently cited challenges of high achieving students such as: finding balance, engaging strategically, managing stress and self-care, building and maintaining relationships, and more. By the end of the day, students will have a stronger foundation and tools to design a college experience that better aligns with who they are and what they hope to get out of their time at Drexel.
Who is it for?
To be eligible, you MUST:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in good standing
- Be entering your sophomore year in the 2018-19 Academic Year
- Have a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Students should demonstrate an interest in further developing the following:
- an authentic interest and investment in the process of learning and the pursuit of challenge
- a desire to contribute to one's chosen communities - academic, creative, athletic, faith-based, political, social, entrepreneurial...and more
- adaptability, curiosity, and self-awareness
- strong written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
A complete application package must include the following components:
- Completed Application Form (Nomination required)
a. Part 1: Applicant information
b. Part 2: Short Essay (600-800 words)
- A current resume, which should not exceed one page in length
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure that all elements of his/her application have been submitted prior to the deadline. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- No exceptions will be made for students who miss the deadline.
Drexel students who wish to apply for Design Your Drexel MUST submit an application and resume by 5 p.m., Tuesday, August 7, 2018. (Deadline extended!)