Honors Plan of Study
The Honors Program's requirements were developed as a way for Honors students to customize their Honors curriculum and maintain personal accountability towards their own goals and achievements.
There are general requirements that all Honors students are expected to meet and maintain throughout their membership in the Honors Program:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Demonstrate conduct befitting an Honors student
- Successful completion of Honors coursework with a grade of a B or higher prior to graduation
Requirements by Year at Drexel (not based on credits earned)
- Freshmen/First Year – Successful completion of Honors 200 (HNRS 200) the 1-credit Honors Freshman Seminar course. Successful completion is indicated by earning a grade B or higher in the class.
- Sophomore/Second Year – By the end of an Honors student’s sophomore year, he/she must successfully complete at least 3 Honors credits, in addition to the 1 credit earned in HNRS 200, by way of any Honors credit-bearing method (i.e., Honors Colloquium, Honors Section, Honors Option, or The Symposium). These 3 Honors credits, known as the “Sophomore Year Requirement” may be completed during a student’s Freshman or Sophomore year so that, by the end of Sophomore year, the student has successfully completed a total of 4 Honors credits. Successful completion is indicated by earning a grade B or higher in the class. This requirement may be fulfilled by Honors credits completed during freshman and/or sophomore years.
- Pre-Junior or Junior/Third or Fourth Year – Honors students should have completed at least half of their required credits by the end of their Third or Fourth year (depending if you are a 4 or 5 year student). This is a guideline, not a requirement.
- Senior/Final Year – Honors students will complete their final Honors credits to fulfill the Requirements for Graduation with Honors or Distinction, (at least one full term before their graduation term). Students intending to graduate with Distinction should also complete and submit the Graduation with Distinction Application [PDF] form and submit to the Honors Program prior to the deadline indicated on the form.
Requirements for Graduation