International Travel Awards
The competitive International Travel Award Program provides assistance to graduate students (up to $750) and full-time faculty (up to $1,000) per academic year toward participation in an international conference outside the United States within the participant's professional field. Faculty and graduate students may only apply for conferences that occur during the current cycle. You may only submit once your application and documents are complete. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Last Thursday of May (for travel between 7/1 - 10/31)
- Last Thursday of September (for travel between 11/1 - 2/28)
- Last Thursday of January (for travel between 3/1 - 6/30)
Applicants must apply for funding by the deadline prior to the date of travel.
How to Apply
We recommend preparing all requirements prior to beginning the online application. A complete application includes:
- Complete travel budget;
- Application statement;
- Official invitation or notification of participation from the conference (If you have not yet been accepted, please submit proof of submission to the conference. If you are selected for an International Travel Award, your funding will be conditional upon providing proof of acceptance);
- Letter of Recommendation from applicant’s department; and
- Registration of your travel through the proper channels:
- Graduate students must register with the Study Abroad Office. Begin the process by emailing email@example.com
- Faculty must create a profile in the GRAND database if you do not already have one. Then, create a travel plan with your specific travel information
- Document commitment of funding from other institutional sources.
- Demonstrate a significant impact on the research and academic career of the applicant – particularly from those with little or no international experience.
- Applications that have a clear potential to yield long-term ties between Drexel and scholars or educational institutions outside of the United States shall be given particularly positive consideration.
All applications are reviewed by an interdisciplinary committee of Drexel faculty approximately one week after the deadline.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact the Office of International Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-895-6372.