The Office of Campus Activities (OCA) has worked collaboratively with the Student Conduct and Community Standards Office (formly called the Judicial Affairs Office) and the Residential Living Office (RLO) in assisting students that have received and need to complete a community service requirement as part of their educational and judicial sanctioning.
What Steps Do I Take Now?
1. OCA has identified community service agencies and opportunities for students to contact.
2. It is the student's responsibility to contact the community service agencies and set up times that fit into the student ' s unique schedule.
3. After completing the required sanction, the student needs to submit signed paperwork on behalf of the community service organization directly to the Student Conduct and Community Standards Office or the appropriate Assistant Director/Residence Director in Residential Living.
Community Service Agencies/Opportunities
The following contact information is provided to assist students in identifying a location to fulfill community service sanctions.
Feel free to perform community service at one or more places in order to fulfill your community service requirement.
1. American Red Cross
Work with Blood Drives and Donor Centers
Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator
2. MANNA (Metropolitan AIDS Neighborhood Alliance )
Assist with food preparation and packaging to help people/families with HIV/AIDS
215-496-2662 extension 113
3. Ronald McDonald House
Work in a home for families with seriously ill children who are being treated in local
3925 Chestnut Street
4. Baring House, Youth Services, Inc.
Work with children in a tutoring program
3401 Baring Street
5. People ' s Emergency Center
Work with homeless families serving meals or provide tutoring services for the children
3902 Spring Garden Street
215-382-7523 ext -221
Please contact the following staff members for any questions:
Office of Campus Activities
SORC, Creese Student Center