In addition to the intramural, club sports & group fitness programs, the following areas are available for informal recreational usage:
- 2 gymnasiums - basketball, volleyball
- Auxiliary gym space - badminton & other activities
- 4 Squash Courts & table tennis area
- 6-lane Swimming pool
- 1200 sq. ft. Free Weight Room
- 4300 sq. ft. Independence Blue Cross Wellness Center
- 2 Activity rooms- martial arts, fitness classes
Other available campus recreation facilities include:
- Buckley Field/Turf - 35 x 65 yard turf field
- Buckley Green - 2 sand volleyball courts
- Armory Gymnasium
If you have any questions or want more information, please contact the Office of Recreation in Room #209 at the Daskalakis Athletic at 215-895-2025 or visit http://www.drexel.edu/sports/page.asp?rec.
For athletic competition ticket information you can call 215-895-1588.
How can I get involved in intramural sports?
The Office of Recreation coordinates a comprehensive intramural sports program for Drexel students, faculty & staff. People wishing to play on an intramural sport can gather fellow players to form a team or can contact the Recreation Office to be placed on a team.
- All activities are open to male, female & coed teams.
- Teams can choose playing days and competitive or non-competitive divisions.
- Sportsmanship Awards are also presented each term!
- Champions receive intramural t-shirt!
- Team champions receive a Championship Trophy!
- League champions in flag football, volleyball, basketball & softball represent Drexel in the prestigious "CITY 6 CLASSIC" and battle for the city championship against the other city universities!
For more information about the intramural sports program, stop in the Intramural Office in Room #209 in the Daskalakis Athletic Center, visit http://www.drexel.edu/sports/page.asp?imintro, or call the Coordinator of Intramural Sports at 215-895-2023.