Employers Lining up to Recruit at Drexels Career Fair
What: Despite recent dim reports about the job market outlook released last Friday, more than 150 employer organizations have registered to recruit from more than 1,000 Drexel students and 200 students from area colleges and universities who will attend Drexel’s annual fall Career Fair.
• IT jobs remain strong.
• Demand for computer science and chemical engineers remains steady.
• Accounting and finance jobs remain steady despite the noticeable impact of the economy on these fields.
• According to the National Association for Colleges and Employers (NACE), engineering majors posted a 2.3 percent increase in their overall average, now $58,438, while the average salary offer for those earning accounting degrees rose 2 percent to $48,377.
• Long lines of students in business attire waiting to speak with recruiters.
• Students handing in their resumes.
• Students interviewing with recruiters.
• The Daskalakis Athletic Center packed with company booths.
When: Wednesday, October 7, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Where: The Daskalakis Athletic Center, 33rd and Market Streets.
Background: More than 360,000 college students attend more than 83 higher education institutions in Greater Philadelphia. Among them, Drexel University has the largest academic career fairs.
News Media Contact:
Niki Gianakaris, Assistant Director, Drexel News Bureau
215-895-6741, 215-778-7752 (cell) or email@example.com