The Advanced Pathology Imaging Laboratory (APIL) is a collaborative center for clinical imaging, informatics, and research. The laboratory includes:
- High-resolution bright-field microscopy
- Digital whole slide imaging
- Deconvolution fluorescence microscopy
- Optical coherence tomography
- Advanced image analysis using a Dell R610 Poweredge server, networked storage, and computing nodes
IRB-approved research projects in the lab utilize the vast amounts of data generated by the clinical work in the department. One of the chief objectives of this research is to advance the treatment of cancer by developing novel techniques for high throughput collection and analysis of tumors. We also are actively engaged in the development of new imaging methods for cancer diagnosis using in vivo microscopy.
We offer the following whole-slide scanning services to support research, education and slide archival. Please inquire via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Whole-slide scanning (20x): $5/slide (bulk discounts available)
- Whole-slide scanning (40x): $7/slide (bulk discounts available)
- Routine image analysis: $5/slide
- Advanced image analysis: Inquire
Image analysis is available to provide automated quantification of cell, staining and tissue attributes. Advanced image analysis solutions using custom software may also be available for your particular application.