Anne Stevens Assistant Professor
Materials Electrochemistry Group
- PhD, Solid-State Chemistry, Moscow State University, 2007 (Advisor: Prof. Eugene Goodilin)
- MS, Biochemistry, McGill University, 2006 (Advisor: Prof. Kalle Gehring)
- MS, Chemistry and Materials Science, Moscow State University, 2003 (Advisor: Prof. Eugene Goodilin)
- BS, Materials Science, Moscow State University, 2000
- DREXEL UNIVERSITY – Philadelphia, PA (2013), Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
- UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND – College Park, MD (2010-2013), Postdoctoral Research Associate, Institute for Systems Research (Advisor: Prof. Reza Ghodssi)
- UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO – Waterloo, ON (2009-2010), Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry (Advisor: Prof. Linda Nazar)
Selected Honors and Awards
- First Nanotechnology International Forum Prize (Energy Section)
- CRDF Junior Scientist Energy Fellowship
- Grant-winner of the Contest between Students and Young Scientists of Moscow State University
- Moscow State University Scholarship for Young Teachers and Scientists
- Russian Academy of Science and Unified Energy System of Russia Prize
- LG Scholarship in Physical and Inorganic Chemistry
- Gold Medal of Russian Academy of Science for the best Master Thesis Research Project
- Leonard-Euler Scholarship, DAAD, Germany
- International Soros Science Educational Program Honorary Scholarship (Soros Student)
The research in our laboratory is focused on the development and characterization of novel nanostructured materials, systems and architectures for batteries, supercapacitors and fuel cells in order to understand electrochemical energy storage and conversion at nanoscale. This fundamental knowledge will help to address practical issues and develop new electrochemical systems for efficient sustainable energy technology. In particular, we are interested in improving the performance characteristics of lithium-ion batteries through fabrication of nano/mesoscale composite electrode materials and solid-state electrolytes. We also explore emerging technologies for energy storage applications, such as metal-air batteries, hybrid supercapacitors, and multivalent intercalation systems, and carry out research to contribute in these directions. In addition, we work on developing new approaches for the integration of nanomaterials into devices to enable system-level characterization and to meet the need for long stability and high performance.
- X. Chen, E. Pomerantseva, K. Gregorczyk, R. Ghodssi, G. Rubloff, Cathodic ALD V2O5 thin films for high-rate electrochemical energy storage. RSC Advances 3 (2013) 4294-4302.
- S.H. Oh, R. Black, E. Pomerantseva, J.-H. Lee, L.F. Nazar, Synthesis of a metallic mesoporous pyrochlore as catalysts for lithium-O2 batteries. Nature Chemistry 4 (2012) 1004-1010.
- J.-H. Lee, R. Black, G. Popov, E. Pomerantseva, F. Nan, G.A. Botton, L.F. Nazar, The role of vacancies and defects in Na0.44MnO2 nanowire catalysts for lithium/oxygen batteries. Energy & Environmental Science 5 (2012) 9558-9565.
- K. Gerasopoulos, E. Pomerantseva, M. McCarthy, A. Brown, C. Wang, J. Culver, R. Ghodssi, Hierarchical three-dimensional microbattery electrodes combining bottom-up self-assembly and top-down micromachining. ACS Nano 6 (2012) 6422-6432.
- X. Chen, E. Pomerantseva, P. Banerjee, K. Gregorcyk, R. Ghodssi, G. Rubloff, Ozone-based atomic layer deposition of crystalline V2O5 films for high performance electrochemical energy storage. Chem. Mater. 24 (2012), 1255-1261.
- E. Pomerantseva, E. Goodilin, Yu. Tretyakov, Unconventional vapor – liquid – solid mechanism of ultralong Ba6Mn24O48 whiskers growth from chloride fluxes. CrystEngComm 14 (2012), 3778-3786.
- E. Pomerantseva, K. Gerasopoulos, X. Chen, G. Rubloff, R. Ghodssi. Electrochemical performance of the nanostructured biotemplated V2O5 cathode for lithium-ion batteries. Journal of Power Sources 206 (2012) 282-287.
- S.H. Oh, T. Yim, E. Pomerantseva, L.F. Nazar. Decomposition reaction of lithium bis(oxalate)borate in the rechargeable lithium-oxygen cell. Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters 14 (12) (2011) A185-A188.
- D.A. Semenenko, D.M. Itkis, E.A. Pomerantseva, E.A. Goodilin, T.L. Kulova, A.M. Skundin, Yu.D. Tretyakov. LixV2O5 nanobelts for high capacity lithium-ion battery cathodes. Electrochemistry Communications 12 (2010) 1154-1157.
- E.A. Pomerantseva, T.L. Kulova, D. Zeng, A.M. Skundin, C.P. Grey, E.A. Goodilin, Yu.D. Tretyakov. Chemically modified Ba6Mn24O48 tunnel manganite as a lithium insertion host. Solid State Ionics 181 (2010) 1002-1008.
- E.A. Pomerantseva, L.S. Leonova, E.A. Goodilin, Yu.A. Dobrovolsky, Yu.D. Tretyakov. Proton conduction of Ba6Mn24O48 tunnel manganite. Solid State Ionics 180 (2009) 187-192.
- E.A. Goodilin, E.A. Pomerantseva, V.V. Krivetsky, D.M. Itkis, J. Hester, Yu.D. Tretyakov. A simple method of growth and lithiation of Ba6Mn24O48 whiskers. Journal of Materials Chemistry 15 (2005) 1614-1620.
- E.A. Pomerantseva, D.M. Itkis, E.A. Goodilin, J.G. Noudem, M.V. Lobanov, M. Greenblatt, Yu.D. Tretyakov. Homogeneity field and magnetoresistance of the Ca(Mn, Cu)7O12 solid solution prepared in oxygen. Journal of Materials Chemistry 14 (2004) 1150-1156.