External Advisory Board
The Mission of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering External Advisory Board (EAB) is to provide counsel, advocacy, support and services on matters affecting the academic plan and financial strategy of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering..
The board is comprised of industry professionals from across the country who lend their expertise to the department. The board meets annually on campus to discuss the current state of the department and future plans.
Mike Marucci, Chair — Director, Global VP, Advanced Technology at GKN Powder Metallurgy
Dave Beatson — General Manager of Thorlabs Quantum Electronics (TQE)
- Svetlana Dimovski, PhD — Co-Founder, Dharma Growth, LLC
Anne Stevens - Retired Chairman and Principal, SA IT Services
Young Alumni Board
The Department of Materials Science and Engineering Young Alumni Board (YAB), formed in 2011, unifies a select group of alumni (BS, MS, PhD) who have graduated within the last 10 years to provide insight and feedback to issues currently affecting the department. The board meets on campus annually.
- Jonathan Ayutsede, PhD — Senior Researcher @ ExxonMobil Research and Engineering
- Ranjan Dash, PhD — Principal @ Dash and Associates, LLC
- Svetlana Dimovski, PhD — Manager, Innovation & Science Relations @ BASF
- Benjamin Gillespie
- Thomas Henriksen — Owner and President @ Ceramco, Inc.
- Elizabeth Hoffman, PhD — Senior Engineer @ Savannah River National Laboratory
- Christopher Hovanec, PhD — Materials Engineer @ Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division-NAVAIR
- Lemoda Laim — Product Engineer @ Micron
- Davide Mattia, PhD — Lecturer in Chemical Engineering @ University of Bath
- Adam Procopio, PhD — Research Fellow @ Merck
- María Pía Rossi, PhD — Senior Applications Engineer @ FEI Company
- Aaron Sakulich, PhD — Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering @ WPI
- Jessica Schiffman, PhD — Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering @ University of Massachusetts-Amherst
- Kishore Tenneti, PhD — Product Development Team Lead @ UTC Power
- Jonathan Thomas, PhD — Senior Research Scientist @ Covidien