For a better experience, click the Compatibility Mode icon above to turn off Compatibility Mode, which is only for viewing older websites.

Undergraduate Advising

Below are answers to some frequently asked questions about advising.

Who is My Advisor?

  • Freshman and sophmore engineering students are advised by the Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC) located in the University Crossing building, room 155.
  • Pre-juniors, Juniors, and Seniors are advised in the department by Professor Richard Knight and Sarit Kunz.

When Does Registration Open For Classes?

  • Registration opens the sixth week of the previous term. For example, winter term registration opens the sixth week of fall term. Students should receive an e-mail from the University Registrar informing them of when their time ticket opens. Students can also visit the Drexel Central site. Students register for courses through DrexelOne.

How Do I Look Up Courses?

  • To look up courses, you can visit DrexelOne or Drexel Central and click on Course Schedules (Term Master Schedule). Please be advised that the Term Master Schedule is not updated in "real time," but DrexelOne is. For example, if a student sees a course that has one seat left in it via the Term Master Schedule and subsequently tries to register via DrexelOne and the course is no longer listed, the course is already full.

What Are Co-Requisites?

  • Co-requistes are two courses that you have to take together. For example, CS 122 requires MATE 121 or higher as a co-requisite. If you get an error, check the common errors and contact your advisor if you have any questions or concerns. Common exam period is a co-requisite for your math and science courses, e.g.; Exam 080 is required for MATE 122.

What Are Pre-Requisites?

  • Pre-requisites are courses that you need to successfully complete before advancing to another class. Look over your Materials template and make sure to take classes in the year and term in which they are suggested. Materials courses are only offered once a year, so it is important to make sure you have the necessary pre-requisites.

Can I Take Classes During Co-op?

  • A student is allowed to take up to six credits per quarter that he/she is on co-op. Only four out ot the six credits are part of the full-time tuition. If a student decides to take six credits, he/she will have to pay an additional per credit rate for the extra two credits. Students who are working more than 50 miles away from campus are permitted to take an online course.
  • This policy is subject to change. Please visit the Office of the Provost for the most recent policy information.

I Am Switching Into Materials and Have Not Taken MATE 221 Yet

  • Students who transfer into materials and have not taken MATE 221-Introduction to Mechanical Behavior of Materials (winter term) may take MEM 202 and MEM 230 for a substitution for MATE 221. Students typically do this so they do not have to wait until the following winter to take the course.

I Am Switching Into Materials and Have Not Taken BIO 141 Yet

  • Students who transfer into materials can take BIO 122- Cells and Gentetics to substitute for BIO 144-Essential Biology if BIO 141 does not fit into their schedule. BIO 144 is offered in the spring and summer terms and BIO 122 is offered in fall and spring.

Frequently Used Forms





Send a Request for Advising

Please include any relevant information regarding your advising here.