The Lindy Center for Civic Engagement is committed to providing high-quality and meaningful public-service, leadership development, and collaborative problem-solving opportunities for Drexel students across the university. We recognize that such opportunities not only benefit our community partners, but also significantly enhance a student's education both inside and outside of the classroom.
All of our programs are developed based upon Drexel's Student Learning Priorities (DSLP’s), particularly Responsible Citizenship - preparing students to create and sustain healthy, engaged, public lives. Our programs also reflect many of the other DSLP’s including Global Competence, Leadership, and Communication.
The valuable experiences that we provide through the Lindy Center engage students in the process of identifying, understanding, and actively addressing issues of public concern on the local, national, and international levels.We urge students to move beyond ideas of charity and service to become active participants in effecting meaningful social change.
To sign-up for our biweekly civic engagement newsletter, please click here!
VOLUNTEER & LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Get connected to one-time and reoccurring opportunities and track service hours through our civic engagement database; opportunities are available for individual students and student organizations. To access our civic engagement database, please click here.
- Engage in service through an Alternative Break program. For more information, please contact Sandy Vogel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apply to be a Drexel Community Scholar who provides 5-15 hours per week of either direct service or capacity building support to a non-profit organization. For more information, please click here.
- Apply to be a Lindy Scholars Program Advisor who provides tutoring and mentoring to middle school youth twice a week after school and on selected Saturdays. For more information, please click here.
- Apply to be a Teaching Assistant for CIVC 101, Drexel's first-year civic engagement course. For more information, please click here.
- Apply to be a member of our Student Advisory Board. For more information, please contact Catherine Fuller at email@example.com.
EXPAND YOUR KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Enroll in a Community-Based Learning Course. For more information, please click here.
- Engage in civic engagement programming including our Brown-Bag Lunch Series, Civic Competency-Based Trainings, political engagement programming and more. For more information, please visit our events calendar on our homepage or contact Katie Regetta at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meet civically-engaged students through our student-led Peer Network. For more information, contact Katie Regetta at email@example.com.