The Event Planning Process
All student organization events that take place in the law school and/or require use of SBA allocated funds must be approved by the SBA and the School of Law administration. This process takes several weeks. The process may take up to five weeks, depending on the logistics of your event.
Planning Your Event
All student organizations must follow the detailed instructions on the Community Property Student Org Event Planning page before planning an event. These steps include, but are not limited to, checking the main Community Property calendar of events, any existing student organization events, and dean's scholars sessions to ensure that your proposed events do not conflict with events that have already been approved.
Student organizations must also follow the instructions on the Community Property Student Org Event Planning page to publicize their events. Student organization events can be publicized in the following ways:
- School Website: All approved organization "Speaker/Presentations/Panel" events will automatically be publicized as "Featured Events" on the student organization landing page.
Otherwise, guest speakers or panel discussions that reflect the vibrant life of the law school will be publicized via the website at the discretion of the director of communications. Exceptions can be made when guests have security concerns or other reasons to avoid publicity. If your guest has such concerns, notify the law school's director of communications.
- Newsletter Announcements: When completing the Publicity Request form on Community Property, you may enter text to be included in the weekly newsletter which is distributed via e-mail and posted on the school website each Monday. Submissions must be received no later than the the preceding Wednesday for Monday publication.
- Flyers: When completing the Publicity Request form on Community Property, you will be able to upload a flyer (please add “FLYER” to the end of the file name). Upon approval, Alanna Bridgett (in the Dean’s suite) will print and stamp four (4) copies of the flyer and notify the Event Contact when they are ready for pickup. Drexel University policy dictates that flyers can only be posted in designated areas, which, in the law school building, include bulletin boards only, and is strictly limited to one flyer per floor. Flyers in unauthorized places, including all doors, elevators, and tables, as well as duplicate flyers on the same floor's bulletin board, will be removed.
- Posters: When completing the Publicity Request form on Community Property, you will be able to upload a file for poster printing (please add “POSTER” to the end of the file name). Upon approval, Jerry Arrison (in room 130) will print the poster and notify the Event Contact when it is ready for pickup. Requests for posters must be made at least seven (7) full days prior to the event date.
- Plasma Screens: When completing the Publicity Request form on Community Property, you may upload a file to be displayed on the plasma screens outside of the first and third floor elevators. Please create your event posting in LANDSCAPE layout. We will try to post all events sponsored by student organizations and rotate them with official school announcements. The law school does not post events from outside organizations (e.g., bar associations) on the plasma screens. Plasma screens are generally used for events occurring within the current week. Requests for plasma screen publicity must be made at least seven (7) full days prior to the event date.
- PLEASE NOTE group emails to students about student organization events are discouraged. Group emails to students about events must be approved by Dean Kevin Oates and will only be permitted when, due to the timing of the event, the announcement cannot wait until the weekly newsletter is published, and the student organization did not have the opportunity to publish the event earlier.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail Dean Kevin Oates at firstname.lastname@example.org