Moot Court Board
The Moot Court Board provides an opportunity to sharpen both written and oral advocacy skills through participation in competitions before hypothetical appellate courts at competitions across the country. Our students have performed extremely well in competition, including a victory in the 2012 Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition in the Mid-Atlantic Super Region.
Past Competition Highlights
Philip C. Jessup International Moot Court Competition
- 2014: First-Place Oralist in the Mid-Atlantic Super-Region
- 2013: Second-Place Oralist in the Mid-Atlantic Super-Region
- 2012: Champions in the Mid-Atlantic Super-Region
Giles Sutherland Rich Memorial Moot Court Competition
- 2012: Champions and Best Appellee Brief in the Southern Super-Region
- 2011: Best Oral Advocates, Best Combined Brief Score, Best Appellee Brief in Midwestern Super-Region
Thurgood Marshall Federal Bar Association Moot Court Competition
Judge John R. Brown Admiralty Moot Court Competition
- 2014: Second-Place Oralist
Compete and Earn Credit
Law students not only polish their advocacy skills through Moot Court but can also earn academic credit.