ListServ 16 Upgrade
On March 26th, 2013, IT will upgrade ListServ from version 15.5 to version 16. List owners might notice some superficial changes to the appearance of the Web Interface (https://lists.drexel.edu), as well as some added features and customization options, but all of ListServ 15.5’s functionality will remain in place for version 16.
The most significant addition will be the inclusion of HTML newsletter templates within ListServ itself. List owners will be able to choose one of these templates for their mailings, if they wish.
Other noteworthy changes include:
- The "Login Cookie Expiration" option on the General tab of your personal preferences has been added, allowing list owners to specify when or if their login cookies expire.
- Password length must now be at least six characters.
- List reports, subscriber reports, and server usage reports can now be downloaded as CSV files, which makes it easier to import list and subscriber data into Microsoft Excel or other applications.
- List moderators can now reject spam messages and prevent spam addresses from sending further messages to the list.
- Mail-merge fields are now allowed in mail templates.
Many of the other additions and improvements include those related to ListServ's back-end software. For more information about these features and more, see L-Soft's summary on ListServ 16.