NOTE: Faculty or staff looking for the quickest, easiest means of recording content and publishing it to Drexel Streams should take a look at TechSmith Relay first!
Camtasia is an application that facilitates the capture, editing and production of multimedia on a computer. Drexel IT holds a limited number of licenses which are available to Drexel faculty and staff after attending a face-to-face training or completion of our Camtasia Online Training Series.
The current version of Camtasia is available for both Windows and Mac OS X platforms. The version numbers are different (Camtasia 9 in Windows, Camtasia 3 on Macs), but the user experience is nearly identical and with one exception (noted below), the features and functionality are equivalent on either platform.
Key features of Camtasia:
- Record whatever is displayed on your screen (PowerPoint or other presentations, websites, applications, etc.)
- Record audio from a connected microphone as well as system audio
- Record video from a connected webcam
- Capture PPT presentations with a click (Windows only)
- Emphasize and elaborate with annotations
- Add transitions, animations and effects for sophisticated-looking videos
- Measure retention with interactive quizzes
- Collect quiz results via email or in Drexel Learn
- Make content accessible with closed captioning
To learn more you can visit the TechSmith website to see features for Camtasia.