Terms of Service for Drexel OneDrive
Revised April 10, 2017
The April 10, 2017 revision changes the name of the service from OneDrive for Business to Drexel OneDrive and adds a description of it as a "cloud-based file storage service." There are no other changes in the April revision.
The Drexel OneDrive Service (the "Service") is a cloud-based file storage service based on OneDrive for Business, a part of the Microsoft Office 365 productivity suite licensed by Drexel University (the "University"). BY USING THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERM OF SERVICE, YOU MAY NOT USE THE DREXEL ONEDRIVE SERVICE.
- POLICIES. You acknowledge and agree that the Drexel University Acceptable Use Policy and other applicable policies apply to the Service regardless of the computer or network used to access the Service.
- "Sensitive Data" means data containing a) protected health information (PHI), b) information covered by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), c) credit card-related information covered by the Data Security Standards of the Payment Card Industry (PCI), d) other personally identifiable information (PII), or e) business or research information.
- "Export-Controlled Research Data" means data resulting from research that is bound by access or dissemination controls, including information, technology, and software considered to be strategically important to the U.S. in areas of national security, economy and/or foreign policy.
- "Non-Sensitive Data" means publicly available data and other data not included in the definition of Sensitive Data.
- LIMITATIONS ON USE. Export-Controlled Research Data should never be stored on Drexel OneDrive or any other cloud storage service. (Additional information is available about Drexel Export Compliance.)
- DATA SHARING.
- You may share Non-Sensitive Data, if doing so does not violate any copyright, laws, regulations or other contractual obligations.
- You agree that you will not share any Sensitive Data arising from human subjects research activities, except with individuals named in the data handling protocol which has been approved by an Institutional Review Board and the Drexel University Privacy Board. (Information about the IRB and the Privacy Board can be found at the Human Research Protection Program website).
- You agree that you will not share any Sensitive Data arising from non-human subjects research activities, unless you are the principal investigator of the research activity. Data and information resulting from sponsored research projects may be subject to additional specific confidentiality or limitations of use requirements imposed by the sponsor and/or federal regulations. You acknowledge and agree that any such restrictions take precedence over these Terms of Service.
- You agree that you will not share any other Sensitive Data, except with employees of the University who are authorized to access the information.
- SHARING EXCEPTIONS. You agree that before sharing Sensitive Data with individuals not provided for in #4 above, you will request permission to do so via email to SensitiveDataSharing@drexel.edu and will comply with all the terms under which permission may be offered. (Permission requests must contain a description of the Sensitive Data, a list of the identities which are being provided access, and the purpose of their access.)
- BUSINESS USE. The Service is primarily for University business purposes and, as such, follows the same de-provisioning rules as other systems when an individual is no longer affiliated with the University.
- MONITORING. You agree that your usage and sharing characteristics and all data is subject to review at any time by the University for purposes of ensuring compliance with University policies.
- COMPLIANCE. You will not take any action that encourages or assists others in engaging in any acts prohibited under this Terms of Service (including, without limitation, providing others with the ability to access Sensitive Data outside the scope of these Terms).
- DIRECTION. You will abide by administrative directives issued from time to time by Microsoft and/or Drexel University concerning access to or use of Office 365 or the Service.
If you are found to be in violation of these Terms of Service or any of the additional terms imposed as part of an authorization to share Sensitive Data, the University may take disciplinary action, including restriction of and possible loss of access to the Service, other computing, networking, or service privileges, or more serious consequences, up to and including suspension, termination, or expulsion from the University. You may also be subject to federal, state and local laws applicable to the misuse of computer systems.