After an item has been submitted for approval, and the Site Manager has decided it is ready to be published, the Site Manager can choose a specific day and time for the item to be published. The Site Manager can also choose a day and time for the item to be unpublished. This is handy for news items and other types of time-sensitive material.
- With the item highlighted in the Content Editor, click on the Publish Tab.
- Under the Publish tab, click on Change Restrictions.
- In the window that appears, change the latest version’s Publishable From date to the day and time you want the item to appear on the web.
- If you want the item to be unpublished at a certain day and time, specify it in the Publishable To field.
Note: Any bookmarks or links to the item will break if you specify this! If you want the item to appear on the web indefinitely, leave this blank.
- Click the Targets Tab. You must specify Publishing Target as the Internet. The page will not publish if you do not complete this step!
- Click OK. Save the item.
- Approve the item. The page will most likely be published at the time you set or shortly thereafter. Please note: The item will not be published until the automatic Publish function runs in Sitecore. This happens every 15 minutes. If your page has still not published a minimum of 15 minutes after the time you set, call Sitecore support.