Adding Content to the Media Library
- After logging in, click the Media Library link in the lower left hand corner of Sitecore.
- Content is separated into two areas, Files and Images.
- Files are documents that are not images or documents that cannot be made into an HTML page. For example, PDFs, Powerpoints, swf files, and word documents are a few types that should go here. Note: Most word documents and PDFs should be under consideration for conversion to an HTML page in Sitecore.
- Images are image files such as .jpg, .gif, or .png.
- Browse to your site’s folder.
- Click New Folder and add a folder that makes sense for the image/images you will be uploading.
Uploading one file
- Click the Upload File icon.
- Browse to the file you want and click Upload.
- You will be taken to the property page of the item. If your file is an image, add alt text.
- Save and Publish the file.
Uploading more than one file
- Click Upload Files (Advanced).
- Click Browse and find the file you want to upload. A new Browse area will appear each time you have chosen a file. After you have chosen all the files you want, click Upload.
- The files will appear in the Uploaded Media Items area.
- If your file is an image make sure to include alt text. You can add alt text by double clicking on the image and editing the properties. If alt text is added, the red warning will be corrected.
- Save and publish the file.
Last Modified: 12/29/09 kd74